Wednesday, June 11, 2008

detente

thought I might have screwed up with the MIL yesterday.
A gaggle of D's family was in town and there were big plans we're going to dinner, we're going to dinner then all of a sudden oops no dinner is cancelled
Currently my life is pretty scheduled if it's not on my to do list I don't have time to go to the bathroom. Because I thought we were going out I did not start dinner in the crock pot, I left work a little later with the plans to skip tae kwan do and so on and so on I re-worked my schedule based on dinner plans and when it got cancelled I must admit to being just a wee bit snippy on the phone. I also need to add in the fact it is hotter than hell here and I have PMS and I'm still dealing with allergies and I have my first exam tonight.
Luckily she knows how stressed I am and I got away with an apology. You just never know what slight whether real or imagined might set her off and quite frankly my life is just easier when we all just get along....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I prefer covert ops in my dealings with the in-laws. Understand the "tightrope over the alligators" interpersonal relations issues.