Wednesday, December 26, 2007

you can go home again

well just for a visit for a week I mean let's not get crazy I'm not about to move back here or anything! Christmas was wonderful-warning a little family bragging about to happen I had a fairly normal childhood no deep dark skeletons hiding in the closet so the holidays were always fun & enjoyable as was this one. I love hearing the shriek emanate from my son when he first gets a look at all the gifts under the tree knowing in particular this is probably the last year he truly believes in the jolly old elf-well he left a thank you note for the cookies and all..
It's is just nice to be home in the house I grew up in. It is nice to hang out with my parents and not have any obligations that need filling, no shuttling C to & fro, no dishes or laundry!
For us this is truly a vacation. I must admit sometimes I wish we do something touristy during time off but we don't really like the whole needing a vacation from the vacation sort of feeling

No comments: