Saturday, September 1, 2007

hooky

yes D& I played hooky yesterday-ok so we actually took vacation days but that makes us sound so responsible & all and we can't have that. After dropping the boy at school I had & facial & massage to start my day compliments of D. I had never been to Oasis but if you are in the Ktown area I highly recommend it-excellent service, I did not pay an arm & a leg and the up selling was kept to a minimum. On to a quick sushi lunch at Gohan-Ya, no alcohol please because our next stop was meeting a friend at the gun range. Yes people I have shot my first handgun, didn't drop it or kill anyone in fact the boys said I hit target about 85% of the time-I think I improved once I stopped shutting my eyes when I pulled the trigger. It was not as horrible as I thought it would be and by the time we left I was much more comfortable with the whole thing than when we went in and most likely I will go again. I must admit V's 9mm was easier to handle than D's 40cal oh look gun talk I may be a southerner after all! I know C is itching to try but he has a few years before D will take him to the range. On the upside I think I range membership is what D will get for his b-day this year. Then it was off for a pitcher of margaritas to round out the afternoon. And a movie last night Bourne Ultimatum was great or maybe it was just great to see a regular movie at the theater but I enjoyed it. C went to his grandmother's last night for an evening of chuck e cheese, pizza & dvds He has been retrieved and we are off the the ball field for his first game in the machine pitch league.

2 comments:

Appalachian Feminist Breeder said...

Sounds like a wonderful time! I am extraordinarily fond of spa days.

overtly trite said...

I think spa stuff is hands down my favorite gift to get. Luckily D's gift giving has improved 100% since that very first xmas!