Wednesday, January 23, 2008

in sickness & health

so we are home today again D is in real pain. He lives with chronic pain due to a severe car wreck at 19 but this is worse in fact the worst I have seen him. Clearly or I wouldn't be staying out of work to be with him. Hopefully some of the medication will start to kick in today and he will be able to function tomorrow. If we are going to lay out of work it's much more fun to go to the movies or out to lunch or something.
When we were up at 3 this morning it occurred to me that my father, brother & I are all married to people that tend toward severe medical issues what's up with that?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gluttons for punishment? Love is blind? Those are my excuses for being married to a crazy person. Seriously, get well soon D!

Appalachian Feminist Breeder said...

I am sorry to hear about D.

Bro. Byron said...

My mother is not happy unless she is helping someone that is sick or down on their luck or having some type of crisis. Codependency perhaps?
I hope D gets to feeling better and you all can lay out of work and do something fun.

overtly trite said...

LOl yes if I didn't know us I would say it was text bookbook co-dependency