Monday, October 22, 2007

orthodontist update

took C this morning in & out really quick almost drive by sort of visit, filling out the new patient paperwork took longer sort of visit. They want us to take him to an ENT-ear nose & throat or if you prefer an otolaryngoloist not a specialty that rolls off the tip of your tongue now does it? His bottom jaw is growing at a faster rate than his upper jaw & it maybe due to lack of oxygen-who knew? anyway the whole mouth breathing think we are always fussing at C about may be medical so I am soliciting worst parent of the year votes this week!

2 comments:

Anna said...

Wow. I never thought I'd read this. I'm one of those people who has a bottom jaw bigger than my top. They tried braces and my teeth when back to the same position and after years of that my dentist suggested I have my jaw broken in 3 places and wired shut for a month. He was worried I'd have problem eating. I thought - look at me. Anyway, I never got it done and unfortunately I developed a fear of dentists now. Let me know how things go - what you're doing was never suggested when I was a kid. It's funny how far we come with knowledge.

overtly trite said...

totally freaky! do you have your tonsils & adenoids still? it might be that-and the regular dentist a few years ago didn't mention any of this he just said C would need braces & surgery later in life but I swear the orthodontist in 5 minutes told me to check out the tonsil angle