Sunday, June 10, 2007

we survived

yet another kid party. Luckily birthdays are only once a year and we only have one to deal with or more importantly pay for only one...D misses the cookout we use to have when C was little, those parties were really parties for us & our friends, little bugger figured out kid parties would be more fun for him & his friends. We had the party here this year and there have already been discussions about next year, he's a planner..the sort of kid who day after christmas will write a letter letting santa know what he's interested in for next year, halloween is usually decided well about now, I'm surprised it hasn't come up just yet. I must admit I get a misty eyed and amazed that my not so little guy will be 7 on wed. It seems like just yesterday we were bringing him home from the hospital and now he's 4'3" 80 some lbs and starting second grade in the fall. Although I wax & wane nostalgic as I witnessed a toddler meltdown at Sam's the other day I am grateful he is 7!

No comments: