Friday, June 22, 2007

guns

well I will be surprised it we don't get one soon. D has wanted one well for as long as I can remember. But a trip to Dick's Sporting goods when we went camping brought to his attention that you could buy one on layaway. Last weekend in our travels we went looking at guns at Gander Mtn. I was partial to the pretty pink shotgun they had for kids.. And now he has gone to the gun range with one of his friends who recently got a membership at the range. Then as luck would have it even yesterday afternoon at a birthday party for one of C's friend he was talking guns with the dad & grandfather. I was running a random fever & missed most of yesterday but after several days of really weird symptoms I was happy it seems to be generic illness & not heart attack or something. Anyway back to guns I am a little concerned with the thought of one in the house but I think C should also learn how to handle & respect them. I remember a long ago(pre-C) conversation with some guys from work about guns being in the house but knowing not to touch them locked up or otherwise, a sentiment echoed by D plus ya need to be ready just in case of zombie invasion & all. Next time we have a babysitter I have been informed I am being taken shooting, odd date but after 11 years of marriage...
Connor wants to go desperately but he has to wait till he's 10, he has been promised a BB gun for christmas as long as he is doing well in school. He did get a cap gun for his birthday & amusingly the caps are a bit of a pain to find, we can get them on line which I guess is what we'll wind up doing. When D brought him to Toys R Us to buy some they looked at D like he asked for a child to run over with his car, the only guns they carry are water guns. I do wonder why those are PC you tend to aim & shoot at people when they are filled with water...
just noticed this will post as friday which is when I started but since I was feeling lousy I didn't finish it till sunday

No comments: