Saturday, June 11, 2011

the summer I finally try to grow something

my mother's black thumb is notorious in our family she may have even killed a plastic plant or two at one time or another. I have had a houseplant or two along the years only one, a christmas cactus that has survived, only bloomed once but it's still alive. I've wanted to have a garden for forever now but don't really know much about getting that started so after much deliberation I ordered some plants as well as some seeds and after trip to the store this weekend will hopefully have a few container gardens started, some peppers, a tomato plant, cucumber bush and several spices. Fingers crossed and all that thankfully the farmer's market is not far from the house! Who knows maybe one of these years I'll get a real garden growing out in the backyard.

No comments: