Monday, March 15, 2010

the weekly grocery shop

growing up traditionally grocery shopping was done Saturdays mornings directly after we ate breakfast at a local diner. As an adult my weekly grocery shopping excursions tend to vary according to how crazy my schedule is but for the most part I had been going on Sunday afternoons which is okay except when Sunday is your only day off during the week so I tried shopping Saturday afternoons which would be fine but EVERYONE shops on a Saturday afternoon so you know that really does not work so well for me. My default day currently has been Monday afternoons after work not a great day & time but doable with my current schedule which makes it a winner...however this morning after I dropped C at school around 7:30ish I stopped in to pick up something for lunch and found the grocery store near empty! near empty!!! Which got me thinking why not shop first thing in the morning? The only draw back being of course C won't be available to help carry groceries in from the car....that is until school lets out for summer.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You might want to try an online grocery store that delivers for free. We are thrilled at the savings (average over 40%) and they bring it to us, well actually FedEx delivers to us. True story, we save a pile of cash each month and get them delivered. Problem solved and no child labor issues! We posted our savings and price comparison online at HarvestGroceryOnline.com.