Tuesday, September 11, 2007

R.I.P. Anita Roddick

while living in England in the late 80's I discovered & fell in love with the Body Shop. wonderful products, no animal testing with real commitment to the communities where the employees lived & worked. when I was first back in the states the stores were hard to find but there was one in NYC near Astor Place that I would frequent. Now they seem to be almost everywhere-even in airports, which was handy traveling last summer with the ban on all lotions & liquids, during lay overs I would pop in and use testers. In K-town there is one at the mall I use to frequent but I must admit a certain loathing for the mall, I worked at one in CT for years, so I tend to avoid them at all costs but maybe I need to stop by this week for moisturizer & peppermint foot lotion

1 comment:

Valerie Moss said...

Dame Anita will be sadly missed, a great lady who showed the business community how to care for the environment. Hep C, what a horrible disease.