Monday, July 9, 2007

14 hours in a car is just too long

and uncomfortable, no way around it. It always feels like we ruin the good relaxed vibe from vacationing at my parent's house by cramming the return trip into one day. The vacation was nice we didn't really do much of anything, skipped NYC, napped some, read a couple of books, C shadowed his grandfather the entire time, D watched bad movies on Dad's wide screen tv & re-stocked his scotch collection-it's cheaper in Danbury something to do with the sin taxes in the bible belt-saw Shrek 3 & spent a day with my aunt & uncle who drove up from Long Island for a visit. Back to work for me today-boy wasn't that fun. D took one more day as he had a few things to do including a matinee of Transformers. It has been deemed acceptable for C's viewing so I think as long as he behaves the rest of the week there will be a boys outing to see it this weekend. I think I am going to try and find a girly film of some sort or maybe a trip to the bookstore or maybe just catch up laundry & housework..

No comments: