Saturday, November 15, 2008

birthday party etiquette

before I knew what was coming out of my mouth I had somehow let David off the hook and offered to take C to a birthday party today.
My dilemma being do I stay for party or just drop off and pick up? When he was younger I stayed. I stayed but unhappily when did the parents start staying for those things? As he got older I started just dropping off and escaping on my own for a hour or 2 but this is a 3 hour extravaganza at a fun center with lots going on and I don't know how much help the mom is going to need. Hell there are some years when if I could skip C's party I would happily do it those places are so very noisy and filled with annoying children-my own included I might add..
Oh well guess I'll grab a handful of ibuprofen and be on my way

No comments: