Tuesday, January 8, 2008

recipes

I am a recipe clipper. I blame my mother she is also a recipe clipper. I guess I could blame my hubby as well pre-marriage I lived on nicotine & caffeine, once I got married I decided to be Suzy Homemaker & have dinner prepared every night. Having a kid that is a human vacuum is no help either.. I have subscriptions to several"women's" magazines, I tend to impulse buy others at the grocery store, I am a fan of allrecipes.com and even my google page has a recipe slot to peruse as well. I have imposed a rule about buying cookbooks-I have to find at least 3 recipes I want to try in the book if I can't find 3 I put the book down. I will tear pages, print recipes, add them to my page on some sites, I have a notebook I write some down in and several file full of things I want to try. The upshot being most of my recipes are a complete disorganized mess. I have tried transferring them to computer, making a master book with laminates, note cards etc but nothing I have been able to keep up.
It does suck being this disorganized I found a couple of things I wanted to make for New Year's Eve um this past weekend plus I lost one jerk chicken recipe I really liked-I fudged it this morning and I think I have made it enough times that it'll be fine.
One of my New Year's resolutions is to try at least 1 new recipe each week, try to weed out the ones we don't like and transfer the ones we like to an index card that I can put in a file box-let's see how long this one lasts

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have two binders and a drawer full of page prints from foodtv.com and allrecipes.com, among others... no order or reasoning, just piled. Tell me if your resolution works... maybe I could get inspired. After the poopstorm stops that is.

overtly trite said...

so far so good tried a new one that we liked & I put in in the card file-luckily it was pre-printed on index size cardstock